Saturday, June 13, 2009

A week for Jackson

Last week I decided Jackson needed some extra special attention. With a new baby sister around, I think he's been feeling a little bit left out. We started with last sat. We had a fun family day and we took him to a cook out and a bounce house at Edwards Jones. There were lots of kids for him to play with and he had a blast. We also took him to the lake.

Sunday we all just hung out at the house and rested.

Monday and Tuesday I made lunch and Jackson and I had a picnic on the back patio. He kept saying "is this fun mama?" I told him yes that we are having a fun lunch, just me and him. He really got a kick out of that. It was really sweet. After lunch we filled up his little pool and he got to swim and play in the water. Pure bliss for a 3 year old.

Wed. we met my friend Gretchen and his friend Natalyn at Jump Zone. This is a really cool indoor place for kids to play. They have these HUGE inflatable slides and bounce house type things. He was completely worn out after we left. I also signed Jackson up for a book club at Lifeway Christian Bookstore. For every ten books we read he gets a prize and gets his name entered into a drawing for each book. He has been so excited to sit down and read books so he could get a prize.Thursday we stayed home and Jackson was my big helper. He would get the clothes out of the dryer and bring them to me to fold and then would help put them in the drawers. He also helped me sweep. I hope he loves chores this much when he gets old enough to make a big impact. (ha...who am I kidding)

Friday when Josh got home we went to the mall. Jackson got his prize for reading 10 books. He got the DVD Meet the Penguins! We also took him over to the food court for ice cream and a carousel ride. We all had a really good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment