Monday, September 28, 2009

Long weekend.....long post.

This last weekend was a 4 day weekend for us. It was Josh's 30th birthday so we decided to load up the kiddos and head to Harrison. Friday we got in town about mid-day. Jordan and I were able to meet up with Jilly Bean for lunch at Neighbors Mill....YUMMY! After that Jill wanted us to go to her work so she could show her coworkers Jordan. She begged me to bring Jackson, but he needed a nap and I wasn't about to take him in a business environment. I was able to see my first roommate Jamie, who I have not seen in many years, and my good friend Allison-it was so good to see you again! Jordan and I took the rest of the afternoon and went to Grandma Donna's while Jackson and his grandma Diana made a happy cake for his daddy's birthday.

Here is a picture of Jackson. He is excited to get to eat the happy cake he made his daddy!

Saturday Jackson got to go down to his Papa Ronnie's store and then we went to see Grandma Vaughn who is 90 at the nursing home. We had such a good visit with her. It was such a beautiful day so we all went outside by the water fountain to see the turtles and enjoy some fresh air.

Grandma Vaughn and Jordan by the water fountain.

Jackson and the baby turtle.

Jackson sharing the baby turtle with Gram V. I was surprised she held it, but she didn't think twice. She has probably held lots of turtles in her day.

After nap time Jackson got to go to the fair with Grandma Debi, Pa Lloyd, Aunt Jilly Bean, and Cousin Autumn, while I took Josh out to eat in Jasper at Point of View restaurant. Next we had desert at The Cliff House. What great views!! We took Jordan, but she was really good so it was a nice little date for us. After we ate my phone rang. It was Jackson calling to tell me that he was at the top of the Ferris Wheel at the fair.....I thought I was gonna have a panic attack....do you know how high those things are?? Sheesh. I would have never let him on if I was there, but I'm glad I wasn't. He had such a blast! Jilly Bean you are such a fun/wild Aunt.

Josh and Jordan at The Point of View after dessert. We had blackberry cobbler. Yummola!

Saturday night we stayed and Grandma Debi's house and Sunday morning she made a good and hearty breakfast before we headed to Silver Dollar City. Jackson was so sad when we left her house that he cried. It broke our hearts, but it is really sweet to see that kind of emotion. We spent all day Sunday, which was Josh's birthday, at Silver Dollar City. Jackson and Jordan were great.....minus the poop attack Jordan had on my shorts!! Luckily I brought a change of clothes with me because it was one messy mess. Jackson got to ride the rides all day long. He was tall enough to ride just about everything but the big coasters and he loved everyone of them. His favorite was the train ride. Jordan barely made a peep the whole day and enjoyed all the sights and sounds. Josh and I rode a few rides, but we decided early on we were there for the food. After SDC we went to Olive Garden and got home about 9:00 pm. It was a super long day, but so much fun....that is until about 1:00 am when I got sick. I guess I had food poisoning or something...not good.

Here is a family pic as we were all leaving SDC.

Me and Jackson on the elephant ride. I loved the kiddie rides. They didn't make me sick. :o) and the coolest thing is you could push a button and fly like dumbo or let go of the button and stay close to the ground. I really think I was having as much fun as Jackson.

Grandma Diana and Jackson on the leaping frog ride. It was cute. The frogs hopped up and down as you rode.

The big red boat swing. This was cool.

This was the best ride of the day. We got wet, but I loved riding it with Jackson. It was totally worth it. He loved it and wanted to ride again.

Monday Granny Betty met us for lunch. Yes that is Grandma #5. We got to see a lot of Grandmas this weekend. Jackson and Jordan are so blessed to have so many Grandma's that love them. Last but not least we got to see Josh's Aunt Leigh and her family from Alaska. We haven't seen them in a few years and we had such a good time catching up. Life in Alaska is a bit different from here and we love hearing about it. Also, Jackson got to play with his cousins, Cashe, Joseph, and Hannah. We are so happy to be home again, but we had a great time visiting all of our family and friends.

Here are all the girls. Back row: Diana and Leigh. Bottom row: Killian, Sarah, Hannah, Me and Jordan.

The cousins....Cashe, Jackson, Joseph, and Hannah.

Playing in the dirt.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh what fun and waht great kids for enjoying such a long day!!Great photo of the family
    Luv ya peary reary

    ReplyDelete