Sunday, January 24, 2010
Children are a blessing from God!
Today our church had a baby dedication and we took part by having Jordan dedicated. It was such a special day for us and both sides of our family were there to share this exciting day. It was also sanctity of human life Sunday. Brother Phillip spoke on how important it is to make the right choices when becoming pregnant and rearing children and how God knew us before we were even in our mother's womb. I loved how he spoke about the debate on whether the baby is a baby at conception or at birth. According to the Bible, even before we were conceived he knew us. So God planned us and no on has the right to change whether or not we exist. Our existence should depend solely on Him and Him alone. Our lives are in His hands. That is amazing and God is amazing! I think that settles that issue. Anyway, after church we had a party and brunch at our house for Jackson and Jordan. We did have Jackson dedicated when he was an infant also, but never had a party for him. I wasn't so much in party mode back in those days. Anyway, this was sort of a way to say we love you Jackson and Jordan and you are such a huge blessing in our lives! We are so very thankful to our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for all He has blessed us with. Also, we are committed and will do our best to raise you in a God centered home. We would also like to thank everyone for coming. We really enjoyed sharing this special day with all of you!!
I'm going to start off with a picture of this absolutely precious cake that Jessica made for our special occasion. She is so talented and always makes, or bakes I should say, the best cakes!! She has made all of Jackson's and Logan's birthday cakes and now this beautiful Cross cake. It made me smile!
This was snapped at our church before the service was about to begin. It is so fun being parents and I was honored to be able to take part in baby dedication.
Two proud parents of a precious baby girl!! Side note: Doesn't Josh look handsome?!!
We are proud parents of this sweet boy also. I thought his big ol' happy smile was just adorable! Jackson, you melt my heart!
Here are my two best friends ever...my sisters Jessica and Jill. Also, Jilly bean is expecting. She is due Sept. 6 and we are sooo excited!! My guess is that it is a girl...just for the record.
Here is most of the group that was at our house today. So much fun!!
Just think...before long little baby (girl?) Stephens will be in a picture like this with us...how exciting!!
Here we are with the Grandparents.
Us with Great Grandpa Bill and Great Grandma Donna.
Us with Brad, Marilyn, and Autumn.
This is Homer and Jaunita. (And the little pink duck.) They are such sweet friends of the family. We are so glad you were able to come. Also thank you for the sweet sweet gift. We love it!!
Check out how cute this little set is for Jordan!!
Grandma Donna and Jessica. Such a sweet picture. I think Jordan gets her blue eyes from Great Grandma.
Jilly Bean, Marilyn and me.
Here is cousin Autumn and sweet little Landon.
Love you lots Grandma!!
Aunt Jilly Bean and Jackson
Jackson getting kisses from Grandma Debi.

Here is a full picture of Jessica's cake. Also here are two little Willow Tree dolls. Jessie and John John gave these to us as Baby Dedication gifts. One represents Jackson and one Jordan as babies. This was so thoughtful of you guys. Anyone who knows me well knows I have a small collection of these wooden dolls and they are some of my favorite things. I just love them. I love them five times!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Great pictures and I love that feeding set.
ReplyDeleteLoved this post. You have two precious kiddos and that cake is awesome. I had no idea she made cakes?! Glad all your family came down for a day of fun. That picture of Jackson by himself made me smile--so handsome. And you were looking pretty snazzy yourself in those boots and that skirt. Congrats to Jill. Love ya.
ReplyDeleteTouching post and wonderful family photos!
ReplyDeleteRenee'