Well I have some sad news. This actually happened a few weeks back, but I'm just now getting around to posting about it. (Imagine that) One evening I got a call from my mom. She said she had some sad news to tell me. She said that the elderly lady I had picked up to take home had been found down a country road and had passed away. I was so sad. I didn't "know" Bessie, but I had spend a few precious minutes with the dear woman and my heart went out to her. I'm so sad that she had to go like she did. Suffering out in the elements. It is sad, because she didn't have anyone to care enough to keep her out of harms way. Anyway, if you don't know the hitchhiker story it is on a previous post. You can read about it. I saw this on the Harrison Daily Times website.
Bessie Maize, age 70, of Harrison, passed away Monday, March 8 (2010) at Harrison.
So sad,but at least you helped one of her last days to be happy with a ride and seeing a sweet baby.
ReplyDelete