Saturday, March 6, 2010

The weather is Beautiful.....

Hmmmm, I wonder why Jaimi is sitting behind the computer doing a post when it is absolutely gorgeous outside?? Since the sarcasm. Well, it is because I'm pouting. It is so nice out today and we are stuck inside. Jackson is sick....really sick. I've pouted all day about it because I love being outside with my family. So I'm going to vent. Last night, or this morning, however you look at it, Jackson woke up at about 2:30 a.m. screaming Help! Help! Ouch! Josh sprinted to him. I thought he had fallen off the bed or something and Josh was taking care of it. Then I heard them in the bathroom. That's weird..then I thought, oh no, blood. I went to check it out. Nope, no blood. It was puke. All over his bed. Yuck. Poor little thing was sick as a dog. He was upset and confused why this happened. I tried to comfort him and clean him up. Luckily there was just a little bit on his jammies and the rest was on the bed. I changed him and brushed his teeth. He was hungry so I tried a to pacify him with some Gatorade. I figured it would happen again, so if I could get some fluids now it would be good. That wasn't enough for him so I gave him a few pretzels...didn't have saltines, but I thought this was close and I was hoping it would settle his stomach. Josh cleaned the bed up and threw all the sheets in the wash and one of the pillows in the trash...soaked all the way in it...sick! (Sorry for the details.) All the commotion woke Jordan up. Ugg. Now we have three problems. Jordan awake and fussy, Jackson sick as can be, and a big yucky mess. We got to a calm point and we all just sat around for a little while. He started feeling a little better. Josh said he would go to bed with him in case he got sick again. I was a little hesitant, but we had been up for a while now and we were all tired so I took Jordan and we all went back to bed. We put the throw-up bowl in his room by him and put towels over the new sheets. It wasn't ten minutes later and there he goes again. The same thing only worse! This time it was everywhere!! I felt so sorry for him. This stuff was in his hair, on his face, jammies, towels, pillows, sheets, Josh.....I mean everywhere. Of course Jordan wakes up, again. I stick Jackson in the bathtub and get him clean, he's crying, Josh is doing the laundry again and Jordan is sitting in her walker by the bathroom door screaming and crying. Oh...what a night!! We got through it and this time we set up camp in the living room. It happened once more, but he made it to the "bowl". At about 4:30 a.m. he fell asleep. Josh stayed by him and Jordan and I went back to bed. We slept until morning. His belly still feels sick and he had a little temp. I keep pushing the fluids, but he has no interest if food except he keeps saying he wants shrimp. Shrimp? It just makes me laugh. I guess anything he is willing to eat besides a popsicle is good. Right? He hasn't thrown up any more so I'm hoping that part is over. I just pray Jordan and the rest of us don't get it. It is so sad that my baby is sick. This is the first time Jackson has ever had something like this. I guess we are actually really lucky. He will be four this coming week and has only thrown up one other time. That was because he got car sick going through Eureka. I just hope we have a repeat weekend next week. We are going to Harrison for Jackson's birthday. He is getting a big boy bike, so I'm hoping he will be able to get out and ride it.

No comments:

Post a Comment