Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Words of Wednesday

Since Josh and I had just had our eight anniversary and father's day was just here, I have spent a lot of time thinking about how much Josh really means to me. I get all gushy inside when I start to think of lovie dovie stuff. I was going through some poems I wrote some time ago when I ran across the one below. It reminded me of how much God is in control of our lives and if we follow as he leads we can be blessed beyond measure.

He Knew

Our hearts were joined together
before our eyes ever met.

Jesus had a plan
though we didn't know it yet.

Predestined to love each other
in our hearts love grew.

A perfect match it is
it was he that knew.

There's not much to this poem as far as word count, but when I read this it reminds of how much I've been blessed in my marriage and it prompts me to pray for the spouse that my children will one day have. I know God is orchestrating that right now and I pray that each of them will be saved and that Jackson will find a Godly woman who loves and fears the Lord and that Jordan will find a Godly man who put God first and everything else in the appropriate order of priority. I pray they will all love the Lord with heart, soul, and mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment