Friday, July 23, 2010

TGIF and a Big Blessing!

This has been a crazy week for us. I have not left the house one time except to go running on Monday with a friend. Super UGG! Jackson was feeling sick and had a fever up to 103.6 and had cold-like symptoms. Jordan has been teething and snotty nosed. Two fussy/sick kiddos = One tired/cranky momma. Thankfully Jackson is better and since I was given the gift of a babysitter, I got to have some mommy time. What a BLESSING!! It couldn't have come at a better time for me as I feel a little overwhelmed sometimes. Today was my first day to use the sitter. I enjoyed my break by stopping by a few antique stores that I've been itching to go. I also stopped by couple of garage sales and picked up a really cute dress for $2.00. I was only gone an hour and a half, but it was my first time to ever have a babysitter come to my house and watch my kids. Frankly, I couldn't think of anything else to do in only thirty minutes, so I came back early. I had a wonderful break and I was ready to get back home. Really the hour and a half was the perfect amount of time for "just because" baby sitting. Both kids did very well. Jackson even asked if she could stay the night...hehe. Jordan barely let out a whimper when I left her so I knew she was going to do great. The girl is such a sweetheart and I felt very comfortable with her. They had breakfast, played outside, and read books. I got a great report and everything went very smoothly. It was a great way to end....well, not the best of weeks. ;o)

2 comments:

  1. That is great that you got some good ole mom time !! I can relate it's very much needed here at my house too :) It's been awhile since I've stopped off at a garage sale, it seems like I'm always in a hurry to get from one place to the next. Your kids smiles are awesome !! Have a great weekend .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update Your Blog Please!! :)

    ReplyDelete