Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Jackson Day

Last Thursday Jackson and I got to drop Jordan off at Aunt Jessie's house to play with her and Landon. We got to spend about half of the day together. First we went to the fire station for a tour with playgroup. While we were there, we got to see were the firemen take classes, watch t.v. and relax in the evening after their chores are done, and where they make meals. Then the tour ended abruptly. The fire station alarm went off and the firemen escorted us out the doors immediately. They told us to go straight to our cars. It was kind of neat to see them fixing to be in action, but we missed out on seeing the fire trucks. There was a little disappointment, but we headed to Chick-fil-a with the group for lunch and any disappointment was quickly forgotten. Since Jordan and I get more one on one time than Jackson and I do, it was great for us to get to spend the day playing together. He really enjoyed it and Jordan had a great time playing at Jessie's with Landon, who is only a couple of months younger than her.

Here is Jackson and Wolfie. He's the boy's best friend and he had to go on the tour with us.

They are enjoying the big comfy firemen chairs.

Here is the group in the fireman classroom. They showed us what the inside of a fire extinguisher looks like and the dummies the practice CPR on.

Here is Jackson taking his turn giving CPR.


2 comments:

  1. This looks so neat! I love that you had a one on one day with your little guy. He'll always remember that special day. I should take my little guy to tour a fire station this summer when I'm on summer vacation. He'd love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun that you had time with just Jackson! :) I have tried to do that with our kiddos too - but it's not always easy. :) Good for you that you were able to do it!

    ReplyDelete