Puzzles, Play Dough, and Pictures. Check. Homemade chocolate chip cookies. Check. Because we knew more snow was coming our way again we had to get prepared. We started by baking homemade chocolate chip cookies the night before. We wanted plenty of yummy treats to eat so when my creativity ran out, the kiddos would be occupied for a few moments for me to regroup. We also took some to Jackson's friend Logan who lives a couple doors down and my friend Susan down the street. We didn't want them snowed in without a yummy treat either...then we made sure we had plenty to do to keep our little minds and hands busy. Puzzles, play dough, and pictures to color did the trick for the most part. Topped off with a couple of movies the day went pretty well. We even went out to play in the snow for a little while. Jackson and I teamed up and had a snowball fight with the neighbor girls, while Jordan got her first tastes of snow. Jordan's gloves kept falling off (or she would take them off) so it was only minutes before she was ready to be back indoors. When Josh got home, he took Jackson sledding. They had a blast. I love when we get to play in the snow.

I was setting the ingredients out to bake cookies when Jordan got into the butter. She was making me laugh. "MMMMM. This is sooo good." She was really savoring the flavor.

"Oh, did you see that?"
Here is Jackson messing, I mean mixing the cookies. :o) He was really having a fun time helping me bake. He was especially excited to take a plate of them to his friend.
I know he is wanting to dig in and eat this cookie dough. We went through like five spoons because he kept licking them. Don't worry. I didn't let him double dip.

Jordan's been into puzzles lately. It works out great when I'm doing Preschool work with Jackson.

As you can see, Jackson is really focused on his work. See the tongue hanging out. That's the sign of total concentration.

Snow=Fun!
Hi there! Just stopping in to say hello as your newest follower! I love your blog! Cute kiddos :)
ReplyDeleteYeah for preschool work and yeah for Jackson's paper looking awesome. Yeah for cookies and snow and cutie Jordan working her puzzle.
ReplyDeleteI saw your blog from KellysKorner! I have a Jackson and his tongue is always sticking out just like yours during school work or really when is his concentrating!!
ReplyDelete