Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Puppy Love

No, I'm not talking about us....we're not pups anymore.

But I do love this man a ton and he means the world to me!! And I loved this Valentine's day. Josh and I thought about how we could make this Valentine's day a special family day and really do something exciting for Jackson and Jordan.
We started out by having breakfast together. The night before Jackson and Grandma made a balloon banner and hung it up for us. I decorated the kids table and we all sat down together for a yummy bowl of...

I do not keep sugary cereals in our house so this was a special treat.

It brought smiles to their faces.

Next, we filled out Valentine's for friends and family and delivered some of them and then headed over to my grandparent's house where the BIG surprise was...

SAM! This is Sam. Jackson has been begging us for a puppy for about a year now and has finally worn us down. My grandmother was getting rid of this 11 week old Maltese and asked if we wanted him. Of course!! How could we resist such a sweet and fluffy little thing? Jackson and Jordan were sooooo excited. They love this puppy so much. We had been over to their house a week or so earlier and they both cried as soon as we got in the car to leave because they missed the puppy. They were so sad, it broke our hearts. We didn't know at the time that they would be giving the puppy away, so we just tried to consul them the best we could.

Luckily there are no more tears. Jackson is the happiest little boy ever.

And Sam seems to love them just as much....and I'm trying to get used to the licking thing.

He is just precious, but I was still kinda surprised that Daddy was so fond of the little guy.

We have had Sam for a week now and I have to say he is one sweet puppy. Jackson and Jordan have enjoyed having him around so much. He has added to my busyness, but it has been sweet watching the kids with him. I also like that it is teaching them some responsibilities. I didn't think we would ever be a dog family, but here we are. You never know where life is going to take you.

3 comments:

  1. Puppy before house-hope grandma likes him,but then who could resist this sweet little one!Know you are excited for your new home to be started.The kids look precious with the new edition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this dog so much. AHHHH precious. You are a brave mama :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sam is adorable !!! We would love having a cute little puppy like him around !!! I bet the kids are thrilled beyond belief :)

    ReplyDelete