Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Blackberry Acre

Pitiful. Just Pitiful! That is all I have to say about my blogging activity. It has been so long since I have done a blog post that I completely forgot my password and totally spent five minutes trying to find the place to go to actually do a post....blogger has changed a few things on me. :o) Since I began homeschooling in Aug. 2011 I have pretty much abandoned my blog, but now I would like to catch up a bit? and maybe? start posting on a regular basis. My sweet family and I do all sorts of fun things, and my life as a homeschool mom has so many ups and downs, I would love to be able to share and hopefully encourage others...not to mention stay connected. For my first post in ages, I would like to talk a bit on our home. Josh and I moved and built a new house closer to family. It has been a wild and crazy ride but  the Lord has blessed us and we finally finished mid-summer 2012. Here are a couple of pics.



 I have a whole post worth of info on this house and how the Lord worked out all the details, but I will have to save that for a later time. A tidbit for you:  Our little home sits on one acre surrounded by blackberries and woods, with a large garden, and lots of room to roam! Just the way we like it! I have always been a "country girl" and Josh and the kiddos love anything outdoors. We are as happy as can be on our Blackberry Acre!


This isn't the clearest picture, but I wanted to show at least one inside shot. Our goal in building ourselves was to save big $$$ and to have at least a couple of unique things to add character to our home. My super creative hubby came up with a few really great ideas. One of them is this ladder that leads up to a story loft. This is one of  my favorite things in our house.  I love the way it looks and it is Jackson's and Jordan's favorite places to cuddle up and read!!  That is all I have for now, but I hope to be back soon with some info on our love of homeschool and catch up a little on life Everyday Edwards.

1 comment:

  1. The house is beautiful. It looks exactly like the plan of first house we lived in when we geot married. It was a plan from United Built called The Aspen. Loved it because it was so open inside. Would love to see more pics!

    ReplyDelete