I think Jordan is coming really soon. It may be wishful thinking, but I've been showing a few pre-labor symptoms for a few days now. Having said that, we made it a point to have some really good family time this weekend. We started out by taking Jackson to parents night out at our church on Friday night. We dropped him off to play with his friends for a couple of hours and Josh and I went on a date. (Yes, we still date after 7 years :0) We went to Red Lobster and had such a great time together. We were able to visit and laugh without telling Jackson to sit down, stop that, be a good boy, eat your food... We had a really great waiter and our meals were awesome. We ate so much, I think Josh was waddling too. It was nice to reconnect a little. I know it will be a while before we have much alone time to sit down and enjoy a nice meal. After Red Lobster we picked Jackson up. He obviously had a good time too. When we picked him up he had Oreo's from cheek to cheek. Doesn't get better than that for a 3 yr old!
Saturday morning we all slept in. It was wonderful!!! We started our day by going to a really fun birthday party for clay at Jump Zone. There were tons of kids for Jackson to play with and all kinds of inflatable bouncers and slides to play on. He got to eat "happy cake" as he calls it, have pop, candy, and the most fun thing of all, he got a red balloon. He'll play with that thing for days! I forgot my camera, so I have no pics....so sad.
We rested and took naps that afternoon. I know we need them now. When we woke up, we took Jackson to a nearby elementary school to play on the playground. Josh played basketball and watched Jackson while I walked and walked trying to get Jordan to come out.....I had one little bitty contraction the whole time. I finally decided to save the rest of my energy to go home and clean. When we got home, Josh made some really yummy fajitas for us. He's such a good cook and a wonderful help. After we ate, we took on a few projects around the house to get ready for Jordan.
Today is Sunday and I've been up since the start of it....I woke up at 1:24 a.m. for one of my many nightly bathroom trips and I never could go back to sleep. It is now 6:45 a. m. and I'm on my way to being really cranky today except I know that it is Mother's day. How can I feel cranky when I'm so blessed to have a wonderful little boy and a baby girl on the way? Tired just comes with the territory of being a mom and I'm very thankful to be a mom.
No comments:
Post a Comment