Sunday, September 6, 2009

Country Drive

Yesterday evening we took a little drive in the country. We had been sitting in the house most of the day so we wanted to get out for a little while. We saw lots of cows and horses and a cute red barn. I love pics of barns. Jackson loved the animals and Jordan seemed to enjoy herself too. She was perfectly content. We also picked flowers and wild plums. I'm a country girl at heart so I loved the dirt road drive. It brought back lots of memories of riding four-wheelers, shooting b.b. guns, seeing deer in my back yard while growing up and even seeing a mama bear and 2 cubs once in our back yard. That was more scary than cool at the time.


This was a really cute red barn. Josh was scared we were going to get a gun pulled on us for taking this picture. It was next to a scary house, but you don't see many of these anymore so I had to talk him into it. (Heather, it was almost like our United Insurance Jasper trip....) The new ones are all metal. I just adore old barns.

Here are several of the horses we saw. Jackson wanted to ride them all and tried to talk us into getting a horse of our own.


Here are some of the flowers and plums Josh picked for us. The plums were a big deal to Jackson. About this time last year we took him to pick plums and he has been asking to do it again every since then. It is so funny how kids remember things like that. Just simple family outings can build a lifetime of memories. I encourage to you take your kids to do fun things like this. You will be amazed that you don't have to spend big bucks on your kids for them to have a great time!


2 comments:

  1. Love the video Jaimi. Jackson is so precious and I love hearing your voice :) He isn't so sure about his wild plums haha. And how oh how did we make it through those United Insurance trips lol. I am so proud you went with me. Have I mentioned that you are one of my dearest friends?

    ReplyDelete
  2. HOW SWEET IS THE FLOWER AND PLUM PICTURE_I MEAN COME ON!!!! The video cracked me up-so sour!

    ReplyDelete