Wednesday, October 28, 2009
Pumpkin Scarving
I really should be cleaning right now but I have fell into the temptation of the blog! We have Cubbies this evening and Josh's parents are coming to stay tonight, but last night we "scarved" pumpkins and it was really fun so of course I HAVE to post about it. Jackson was so enthusiastic about these pumpkins. When Josh was getting the pumpkins out to carve, I ask Jackson what he was going to do. He said "we are gonna scarve pumpkins." I'm cracking up.... I love a child's interpretation of things. Anyway Josh carved a really cool Razorback in Jackson's pumpkin and Jackson helped him scoop the inside out. I toasted the seeds and we had a yummy treat afterward. Jordan loved watching all the action. It was a really fun evening for us.
Here is the Razorback Josh carved by hand. Well, he traced it off of a piece of paper then carved it by hand. I was really impressed!
This is a sweet picture of the kids looking a the big pumpkin. Jordan was almost mesmerized by her big brother. She watches his every move.
Here she is laughing at Jackson. He was playing drums with the pumpkin with the big spoon and the deep thump really tickled her.
Here is Jackson and his pumpkin. He gets to take it to Cubbie's tonight for a pumpkin contest. He also gets to dress up in his Halloween costume. He's very excited!
So cute! Who Me? This is Jordan by her little pumpkin. I love this picture!! I have a similar picture of Jackson at this age with his pumpkin.
So concentrated on the task at hand.
Boys! Always playing around. Jackson didn't really eat the pulp, but they had fun acting like they were going to.
Here are some the seeds we dug out to toast in the oven. I found a recipe online and had them prepped just a few minutes and it took about 20 for them to toast. It was a nice salty snack.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like you all had lots of fun! The kiddo's look so cute. They are so sweet!!!! We had fun decorating Logan's "fish bowl" pumpkin out of playdough. Can't wait to see you all dressed up at cubbies Jackson. See you tonight~ Aunt Jessie
ReplyDelete