Thursday, October 29, 2009

Terrified!!!

I'm just gonna start by saying I had the most terrifying experience I have ever had happen to me today!!!!! This is not a joke. Jordan began to choke and gag this morning and she could not catch her breath. She was literally foaming at the mouth and her pupils were tiny tiny...she could barely open her eyes and she was ghost white!!! She was clammy and her head slumped over, chin to chest and she barely seem to be breathing. I thought she had had a seizure and was going to die on me. I was in total panic mode!! My heart was racing like I have never experienced before. My hands were visibly shaking uncontrollably and I sweat was soaking through my shirt. I almost called 911!!! I'm not going to lie...it ran through my head, Oh my God...she could die!!! A quick prayer went up and I called the docs office. Line busy...more panic....call Jess. She has actually experienced things like this with Logan several times and she is cool under pressure. The problem was I couldn't get her either....called doc again...busy. By this point I looked at Jordan and I can tell something was seriously wrong and she needs medical help. I called 2 friend (s) that live fairly close by to come pick me up..no answer. I kept thinking how can I put her in the car seat to go to hospital...can I just hold her and drive. I got a hold of Josh and he said take her to hospital he would meet me there. I call doctors office one more time. I got through and with a shaky voice I got out I need a nurse or doctor on the phone immediately. By this point Jordan was done choking and was almost just motionless. She was trying to open her eyes but seem to week to do so and her pupils were still tiny. The nurse did a quick run down of ?'s and determined she was okay...but I should bring her in to be checked out. Jordan is fine now and the doctor said that she probably had a mucus web in her throat and esophagus that created a bubble and she couldn't breath. Since she is still little and her esophagus is small it got clogged and her lungs were not strong enough to just cough it up. He said her body went into panic mode and was using as little oxygen as possible. That is why she she was so motionless. He also said something about aspirating. She has reflux and this could have been the culprit. He has upped her dose of Zantac and said this should be an isolated incident, but we should keep a close eye on her and no reason to worry. My oh my...what a day. I think I have PTS! (post traumatic syndrome) I'm sure I don't but this all happened at 9:30ish this a.m. and I am still shook up. It is amazing when something like this happens to you personally you have a new level of respect for those who have to deal with sort of thing. I talked to Jess today and it amazes me what a wonderful mother she is and how much she has truly been through with Logan. Logan has done things like this several times where he turned blue. On one occasion she actually had to call 911! How scary is that. And people wonder why she is so protective. You go through just one situation like this and you will never be the same again...let alone many many of them. Jess you are a wonderful mother and NEVER second guess what you know is right for Logan no matter what ANYONE says!! Also a side note. No matter how hard I try or no matter how much I want to be, I am not cool under pressure and I totally panic.

5 comments:

  1. Soooooo sooo scary! I am glad Jordan is okay!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very honered that you value my opinion that much when it comes to your childs life. I pray you are never in another scary situation like today, but if you are don't put that kind of trust in me call 911. MY RULE... Anytime your in total panic CALL 911 FIRST! That's why they are there. And Jordan Kate don't be making us worry like that!!! Aunt Jessie loves you and I am so gald your ok. Just don't be doing that to mommy and me.

    Hey I even have a 911 story for you... If I can call on something like this you can call when you think there is something wrong with one of your children. OK this is a pretty funny story! John and I just got married and moved in our new home. You have to know me to know why in the world I would put a krispy kreme doughnut box on my oven. But there is a perfectly good reason ... (I have OCD and nothing can be out of place) I didn't want the doughnut box sitting out on my counter so I stuck it in the oven... Yep I forgot it was in there needless to say I had some EXTRA "KRISPY KREME" doughnuts and a house full of smoke. MY new oven was on fire. In the middle of all this our dog got scared and ran and hid under the bed. I had to rescue him. Talk about panic!!! I called 911, they sent the fire department. The house was ok. They just had to take these big fans and open all the windows to get the smoke out. I had one heck of a mess in my oven. All my neighbors were standing outside looking at what was going on. Oh My...LOL... and I was just tring to keep our house tidy and make a good dinner for my husband! To this day John still offers to pick up dinner. you think that's why? ha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you had this scary experience. I'm with Jess--call 911. While we are sharing, I called 911 once when I ran out of gas on the way back from Fayetteville's Midnight Madness. It was two in the morning and I called crying telling them I ran out of gas and they thought it was a joke. Love you and glad we got to talk today. Hope Jordan's issues clear up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is sooo scary! Glad she's ok... I, too panic under pressure...you don't want to be around me if you have an emergency. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Jaimi!! That is a crazy story!! Poor baby! And poor mommy!! I can't imagine what that must have felt like. Total panic mode. Praise God that His hand was on her the whole time!!

    ReplyDelete