Thursday, January 14, 2010

So Sweet!

I just have to tell you all that I have the sweetest children ever..I know all moms think this about their children and they should, but seriously I don't think it gets any more precious than this. Tuesday night Jess and I went shopping for Jordan a dress for baby dedication...No luck, but while I was shopping a way my phone rang and it is Jackson. "Hi mommy what are you doing?" "Shopping" I say. Shopping? Okay, well I just called to tell you I love you." My heart just melted. I don't even have words for how I felt really. To make it even sweeter, Josh got on the phone and told me that Jackson had just come up to him with almost teary eyes and ask if he could call me because he needed to tell me he loved me. It was all his idea! AWWWW. He told me the other night while I was tucking him in bed that I will always be his sweet girl. Another heartfelt moment. Jackson is getting to be such a big boy. He will be four in March and I totally have loved all of his stages, but this big boy stuff is making me a little sad. I'm just glad his sweet moments make up for all of the "I'm gonna paddle you" moments. I can't believe he's going to be four! I'm not looking forward age four because that is too close to five and that means school! But, I'm trying not to worry and just make every day count that I have home with him. He is such a blessing to us! Okay....now that I totally have had a Jackson moment, my next thoughts go to my sweet little baby girl. Jordan Kate will be 8 months old tomorrow. She is growing and learning more and more each day. She is crawling around and pulling herself up to the furniture and getting into things she shouldn't. She is saying a few things... but it mostly a pa pa sound when she wants to be picked up or is trying to stand up and dada. She recognizes when dada and Jackson are not around and looks for them. I can say "mama kisses" and she gives me kisses. That is my favorite. She also claps her hands together which is precious. Jordan has little interest (when I say little I mean NO) in baby food and rice cereal, but likes potatoes and bananas okay. I guess we are going straight for the table food with Jordan Kate. Her bottom teeth are starting to poke through and I can tell she's been a little fussy with them. She sleeps well most nights only waking once or twice for a quick feed and then back to sleep right next to me and Josh. I used to worry that I was doing the wrong thing by letting her sleep with us, but that was mostly because other people thought she shouldn't be. Now I've decided I don't have time to sit and worry what others think about every detail of my life and I love cuddling with her. With Jackson it only lasted 13 months and then he was and still is perfectly fine sleeping in his own bed so I'm okay with it. At the time it seemed like it took forever, but looking back it really went by fast. Although, I am seeing a different personality with Jordan. She's not as mild as Jackson was in some ways. I look forward to seeing what kind of personality she will have. She is such a joy to be around!

I know this is a long post, but I'm also going to throw in some pics that I've been wanting to post about and haven't gotten around to it yet.


Family Photo

Jackson's new haircut...and him not wanting to take a picture. Is it me, or does this haircut make him look really big?? Aunt Jessie, you did a great job on this hair cut!

I thought this was really funny. How tired do you have to be to fall asleep while eating? Jackson didn't take his nap later in the afternoon around 4:00pm I found him like this on the couch. He fell asleep with his hand in the box of crackers.



3 comments:

  1. Great post from a mom's heart!:) Love the sleep photo and Jordan is a doll!!! have a great week-end pear rear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know that I love long posts. I loved reading all this. Jackson truly is the sweetest kid ever--I have always said that. Love that new haircut, but, yes, he looks grown up! Jordan's striped sweater is adorable. Love her. Didn't get to see you Christmas week, so I need to ASAP. Glad you put the part about Jackson starting to sleep in his bed at 13 months. Good encouragement for me :) Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't noticed as much until now that Jordan looks exactly like you!! That first little picture of her and the pink bow is soooo Jaimi's little girl!

    Super fun post. I looooove sweet little boy stories. Aren't they precious! Age 4 is super fun!! I'm sure he will be more and more precious as the years go by!!

    Love the family photo BTW!!!

    ReplyDelete