Thursday, April 8, 2010

Clutter Free

With the arrival of Jordan, Christmas, and Birthdays, we have accumulated a lot of stuff in our home in the course of a year. This stuff is making me crazy. I'm all about "less is more". With that in mind, and list in hand, I am on a mission to clean everything in and out of sight. I want to get rid of all stuff in my house that is outgrown, unused, or not needed. Clutter = Chaos. I figure I must get rid of clutter before I can spring clean properly. (or function and have fun for that matter) Over the past few weeks I have been through every drawer, closet, box, nook, and cranny that I can find to get rid of the unwanted. I have asked myself a list of questions to determine whether we need it or not. I've come to grips with needs vs. wants. This house has a lot of unused and unneeded dust collecting things in it. I take my job as a homemaker seriously and I think I've been slacking a bit. If it hasn't been used in a year it's gone! No saving just in case I might use it one day. Get it Gone! Jessica has done the same and this weekend we are having a garage sale. What doesn't sell will be donated. I will be thrilled when all of our unused things will be put to good use somewhere else. I dream of a clutter free, clean, well organized home and I'm on my way. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I loved the Easter pictures. Jordan is so cute--especially that picture of her with Jill. Since a move is coming for us, we are also tossing, tossing, tossing. I just bought a million tubs from Target. Lets get organized! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl, I am with you! I am having a garage sale NEXT sat. I am selling lots of baby clothes if you are interested.

    ReplyDelete