I'm a little late getting this post done, but because we had such a fun Mother's Day weekend (minus an incident or two) and being a mommy is the best thing in the world, I wanted to write about it.
Day 1Saturday we had lunch at Olive Garden (my fave!) Jackson and Jordan were practically angels. This never happens, so of course it made the experience all the better. After lunch we headed over to the Gentry Zoo. We spent about three hours looking at and petting different animals. Jackson had the best time ever. I think he loves animals as much as his own family. Jordan was a peach. She mostly enjoyed being out, but was slightly interested in the animals, especially on the drive-thru when they would come up to the window. That was our Saturday. It was wonderful to just spend the whole day having fun as a family and seeing my kids smile. That is what makes being a mommy worth the effort!

I have to start with a picture of me with my two babies. YES, he is still my baby too...and always will be, even if I have to treat him like a BIG boy. :o)

This was Jackson as we were walking out the door to go eat and go to the Zoo. He was ecstatic!

Jordan was excited to once she was out of her car seat.

I think this is my favorite picture of the trip. Josh and Jordan happened to be making the same face at the same time. So sweet. She is becoming quite the daddy's girl.

This is the goat that wanted to head-butt Josh's face off......

but then they became best buds when he realized there was free food involved. (all food is free to a goat, I don't know what I'm talking about....)

This has got to be the cutest picture. Jackson was trying to jump like a kangaroo. He thought he was one of them until he got too tired to jump anymore and the kangaroo kept going.

This was the sweetest little goat. Jordan even got to pet him. She was pretty timid and quickly decided she would rather be held.

Okay, so this lady with a snake handed my son a python. He really wanted to hold it and Josh let him.....I couldn't breath.....and see that head like two inches from his arm. I just knew it was going to eat him. What you can't see is the snake was also in the process of wrapping around his leg. I was in a panic and I was really upset that he got to hold this snake. Do you realize they eat things his size....NEVER again! I thought I made it clear to Josh and Jackson that I didn't like it one bit and it creeped me out......then here comes another darn snake...gah...what is people's obsession with snakes. They are super gross and creepy.

I just have to say that between the airplane with no doors, the head-butting goat, and the snakes, my nerves are shot.....and for all you
Sweet Southern Bells I know, I'm just plain
Chawed. This child and my husband have no fear. Then you have me...I am the biggest worrier and scaredy-cat ever! I play the what-if game constantly in my head about everything. I sure hope we can come to some middle ground soon. There is no reason for such extreme behaviors...don't you agree??
Day 2Sunday was just as wonderful of a day, if not better (no extreme behaviors). We went to church, which is always wonderful, and Jackson sang with the preschool Choir. It was the most precious thing ever. They were all absolutely adorable and did such a wonderful job. After church we went to Jessie and John John's for lunch. That afternoon Jessica, Logan, Jackson, and I headed down to the craft fair. We rode the G-O-S-P-E-L train and walk around drinking fresh squeezed lemonade (my beverage of choice) and buying a precious tutu dress for a certain little BIRTHDAY GIRL!!

I spy a sweet little boy with a smile. Can you find him?

Two proud mama's!

This is the adorable little train we rode two times. How cute is that. Jackson is almost obsessed with trains as much as animals, so this really made his day. I rode with Logan and he loved every minute of it. He was such a good boy!

Here is a sneak peak of the tutu dress we got Jordan for her Birthday party. It is super cute and I'm super excited!
Oh my word-everything fantastic ,but the snakes -are you kidding me Josh with the huge snakes-HELP! the Lord knew I could only do girls-LOL!Love you pear rear-YOU ARE A GREAT MOM!
ReplyDeleteThat train is soooo neat! A lady handed Sk a snake when we were there a couple of months ago. She did not even ask me. But...I LOVE that place anyway!
ReplyDeleteGLad you had a great Mother's Day ! Olive Garden is one of my Favorite places to eat ! Yum
ReplyDelete