Friday, May 7, 2010

Flying High

Tuesday night Josh and John went to take flight lessons. John just turned a big 30 and received a gift card for flying lessons. The instructor told him he could bring someone along for the ride. Jessica doesn't like to fly so she told him to pick someone else. Josh was the lucky person. They ended up taking a two-seat plane that only the instructor and one other person could fly in. So they took turns flying and landing the plane three times....with the DOORS OFF! Nope, I'm not even kidding. I think they were crazy. I wouldn't even want in that thing. Anyway, they loved it. Josh said that it was like riding in a jeep with wings. He really enjoyed being a pilot for a day (or 1/2 hour I should say). I'm just thankful he was strapped in tight and didn't fall out. I'm tell'n ya, I'm sure glad I didn't know before hand he was going to be flying in a plane without doors. I would have been sick the whole time. I do think it is really cool that they got to take off, fly, and land a plane multiple times. I'm sure it will be an experience they never forget.


3 comments:

  1. oh my word...ross is never allowed to do that. ever. oh, and of course jackson lost his pet...it HOPS around. get the boy a dog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have been terrified! Why did the plane not have doors?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. This might be the best post I have ever read!
    ;) just making sure to comment!

    ReplyDelete