Contrary to some well-intentioned but misguided ideas of my own, being a stay-at-home mom is not nearly as easy as I thought it would be, thus I have decided to take some much needed "mommy time." I'm not sure if it was the snappiness Josh got from me or the fact that I told him if I don't get some time to myself and a little R & R it was highly possible I would have start hollering at people that got his attention, but Josh gladly "volunteered" to make our dinner and take the kids for the evening night before last. Such a sweet hubby! This momma jumped at the opportunity to get away from it all for few hours. The chances aren't too close together so I'll take what I can when I can. He took both kids to a new walking trail, picked blackberries, and got a sonic shake for them. Jackson was completely thrilled and beside himself and Jordan was as content as could be. I did nothing but prop my feet up and read. It was pure bliss! Josh occasionally takes the kids some places with him for a while to give me a break, but I usually speedy clean while they are gone and instead of being rested when they return, I'm exhausted. This time I decided I didn't care what needed to be done, I said no to dishes and cleaning. I got my laundry caught up early that day so I didn't have to worry about that.....I was resting! The next morning I woke up to a sink full of dishes I was completely okay with it. I know Josh had a wonderful time with the kids and they loved loved spending time with their daddy. He always does fun stuff with them. I feel much better today and look forward to next week for my two hour break....I think Josh "volunteered" to take the kiddos somewhere for two hours once a week for the rest of the summer. I love that man!
Below are some pictures of the kids enjoying their time with daddy.

This boy is in heaven on earth when he is outside playing and exploring....

See the excitement in his eyes! Jordan had spotted a puppy and was glued to it.

A little walking...

A little picking...

A little sitting...

And a little sipping...

These are the flowers they brought home for me. So Precious!
What sweet man! Ben does that for me every week too! I mean us moms need some breaks too. I don't think Ben wamts to see me go crazy, it wouldn't be pretty.
ReplyDeleteWhat a sweet hubby!!
ReplyDeleteFor some crazy reason I thought being a stay at home mom was going to be much easier than my job that paid me money! Ha!!
I love how Jackson's face gets redder and sweatier as the pictures progress.