Saturday, June 26, 2010

Take me out to the ball game....

For any of you who know me well you know I love sports of any kind, I love anything outside, and I love kids. Needless to say I had a great time today when we got to go to Logan's first t-ball game of the year and watch him and all of his friends play ball. We were walking up to the field and I saw the kids playing catch. I told Josh "I'm so gonna be THAT sports mom!" You know the one who is at every game, knows all the names, #'s, and positions of all the players from every team in the conference, and has the cooler of ice cold drinks it tow...yeah, I can just see it now. Hopefully my kids cooperate and play sports. :o) Josh just said in a very unenthusiastic way "yah, your gonna be really annoying." I couldn't help but laugh...I probably will be. (wink wink) Anyway, It seriously was the cutest thing ever to see these wonderful, precious special needs children come together and enjoy playing ball and see their friends!! They all love it! I know I'm just Auntie, but I'm so glad there are people willing to give their time so these children can enjoy sports too. Jackson was even able to bat and play in the outfield with Logan and all the kids. I was really excited about this because it is something Logan and Jackson can share and do together. They both had loads of fun! Another plus was that it wasn't too hot and there was a nice breeze. It made the experience all the more enjoyable, especially for the babies.

Here's my little slugger getting ready to bat. Pretty Studly! He's never played a game like this with other kids. He had so much fun and he just looks so darn cute!!!!

Hit it, hit it, hard, hard, Hit it hard up the middle, make the middle work a little.....see, I so know the cheers. I didn't say them at the game, but I was thinking it. Maybe I should start now so Jackson isn't embarrassed of me later...Just kidding. I won't do that to him!

Rounding first....Here is Jackson running bases. I think that was his favorite part.

I know Jess will do her own post about Logan's game, but I just had to throw in a few pics of my sweet nephew Logan.

Here is Jackson, Uncle John John, and Logi bear in the outfield playing defense. Great job boys! I'm glad you all had such a great day!!

1 comment:

  1. I love the sports photos !!! We are big into sports in our family, and trying to capture a great photo is amazing !! Your pictures are great !! What a fun day for you all !
    Have a blessed day,


    Tammy

    ReplyDelete