Tuesday, June 8, 2010
Reaching Out
Over the last several weeks there have been a few ladies in my church who have reached out to my sister as she deals with all that comes along with having a special needs child. I know she has truly been blessed by the cards and visits she has received, but I too have been blessed to see people recognize a need and meet it with such love and compassion. Today in my quite time I came across a verse that reminded me of these dear women in our lives. Proverbs 3:27-28 Do not withhold good from those who deserve it, when it is in your power to act. Do not say to your neighbor, "come back later; I'll give it tomorrow" when you now have it with you. I'm so encouraged by these words. What these precious women have been doing is in direct obedience to the lord. That just blesses my heart so much. We may not know what people are going through and it could mean the world to someone for us to reach out and meet a need right when we see it. I'm the queen of making excuses and procrastinating, but sometimes we are called to act immediately. I'm challenged to do this and I hope you are too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes! Amen sista girl!
ReplyDelete:)love this post
ReplyDeleteAwesome, I'm challenged to do this too :) Thanks for the great post !
ReplyDelete