Sunday, August 15, 2010

Birthday

Last Thursday was my birthday and it was a good one! To start off both, kiddos slept in. This rarely happens so it was a real treat. I didn't crawl out of bed until 8:30! That afternoon Jess and the boys stopped in to wish me Happy Birthday. Landon brought me a balloon and Logan stayed to visit for a while. Jackson went home with Jessie so they could get a "surprise" ready for me. When Josh got home from work we took Jordan to John John and Jessie's as well and we went out for dinner. It was really nice. After dinner Jess had cake for us.

When I was a little girl my great grandmother would make my birthday cakes for me. Every year she made the same cake. She passed away when I was in seventh grade and I have always missed her. Jess knows how special she was to me and from time to time she busts out with something that my grandmother would have done. It always touches my heart. She made the cake grandma used to make for me and Jackson decorated it. So sweet and so special.

My parents came over Saturday afternoon. Mom took me shopping for my birthday and then made one of my very favorite dinners. Homemade steak tacos. She fries the chips and taco shells herself and makes the best steak to put in them. It is the most wonderful meal ever. They stayed the night and went to church with us. We were so sad they couldn't stay longer.

Jessie made the cake and Jackson decorated it.

Me and my hubby.

Here is Jackson showing me the big surprise. Birthday parties are his favorite thing ever! He was very proud of this one.

Here is my sweet girl. Once we were back, she wasn't leaving my hip. She's having "I have to be in mommy's arms at all times when people are around" issues.

This is one of my gifts. Jess made this really cool bulletin board for the office. It is sooo cute and a very creative idea.

Sunday morning Jackson got to dress like his "pa". They both had on Levi's, blue button-ups, brown leather belts, and cowboy boots. Jackson thought it was the coolest thing to have the same clothes on as his "pa". They were so cute. I wish I would have got another picture, but we were almost running late so I skipped the pics and got out the door.

7 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh ! Happy-Belated Birthday :)
    I love the bulletin board ! Looks like a ton of fun !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday! Looks like you had a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a very special birthday celebration. Steak tacos sounds really good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you look amazing---period. and i am dying for some of those steak tacos now. glad your birthday was awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad it was a special day for a very special girl!Luv ya

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! Mine was last week too! Good times. Can't wait till I get to see you in September!

    ReplyDelete
  7. happy belated birthday :) i love the picture of him showing you the "party"...that is super cute.
    love the bulletin board too!

    thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete