An Academy Sports store was recently put in our area. To anyone who loves sports or outdoors, this is a pretty cool place to go. Since those anyone's are Josh and I, we took a little trip to check it out. While perusing the isles we decided Jackson needed a sling shot. We bought it and brought it home to him. Just something to surprise him with. He was thrilled and brought up how he could be like David and kill giants. I'm not sure if it is no fear or faith at this age, but at least he gets the picture that he can do things with God's help like David did. We explained a few rules then stuck it up in the top of closet. It is only used under extreme adult supervision. This last weekend the kids and I gathered acorns for something to do. We collected two sandwich baggies full of them. Josh decided these would make great sling shot ammunition so we went across the street from our house to an open wooded lot and shot acorns. Here are some pictures. It was super fun. Love the simplicity of a sling shot.
How fun! Our oldest has a slingshot and wanted to take it to the nursing home to show off his skills at the last visit. Umm....no.
ReplyDeleteNot sure how much I love slingshots, but I do love Jordan's Nike outfit :) Seriously though, isn't it fun how something small can provide a ton of fun for a kiddo? Cute post.
ReplyDelete