Wednesday, February 2, 2011
Short Sleeves to Snow Suits
Saturday we spent the afternoon at the park playing and walking and feeding the geese. We had a such a wonderful time. It really makes me long for the spring, summer, fall- anything but snowy winter days when we get to get out as a family and play like that.
There was a sweet girl who came over and gave Jackson and Jordan some crackers to feed the geese. They really enjoyed it. I always forget when we go to this park to bring some bread or crackers so the kids can feed those geese, but it worked out this time. :0)
I brought a bucket of sand toys for the kids to play with at the park. When we got there Jordan went straight for the slide (one of her very favorite things in this world) and Jackson found a spot in the sand. In like twenty seconds he had like 59 kids surround him to dig in the sand. It was so cute. They all got the biggest kick out of burying each other.
It was so sad when we had to go and gather up all the toys. You should have see the puppy dog eyes of those who wanted to keep playing. Of course Josh didn't have the heart to take the toys away, so he made me do it. NOT FAIR! :o) Next time, we'll just have to leave the stuff there, cuz I'm not doing that again! One little boy even cried. Broke my heart.
Jordan didn't care about anything but the slide. She went down it over and over again. She even found a little girl her age to keep going down the slide with her. Must be a popular hang out for almost 2-year-old girls.
Tuesday we had an all out blizzard hit. Other than knowing Josh has to travel to and from work in this yuckie stuff, it's nice to be snowed in with no where to go and get caught up a little. I even got a nap yesterday. It was quite lovely and I would welcome snow a lot more often if naps got to come with it.
Jordan didn't appreciate the snow too much last time, but enjoyed it a bit more this go round.
Daddy always has a way of getting her to try new things.
Josh had to shovel the driveway to get the car in the garage. Jackson got to "help" him. I think all he did was eat the snow.
The snow is pretty deep around here. I would say at least 10 inches or so. Maybe a foot. As you can see it was past Jackson's knees. It didn't stop him though. The more snow the better. I'm hoping it will stick around until Saturday so we can go sledding. I'm not going to attempt that one on my own....

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
cute title. great post--i love family outings to the park too. i don't love a million kids gathered around mine, but you have always been way nicer than me. love ya.
ReplyDeleteThe cutest pictures of the kids playing in the snow :) I LONG for spring to hurry up and get here ! The day at the park had to be wonderful, we love days like that :)
ReplyDelete