Thursday, May 26, 2011

Storms and a Confused Creature

We've had several nights of really bad storms in our area that produced tornados all around. This last storm we had our church opened up their basement. We made a last minute decision and decided to go because we were pretty worried. We ended up staying there until midnight. I'm laughing now, because we showed up with a suitcase each, our computer (it has all my pics) and our important documents. I had our stuff packed all day and planned to shove it in our safe place. The bathroom. I wanted to be prepared that if our house got blown away, we would have some stuff. Joplin isn't far from us and it really scared me seeing what happen to them. Everyone else at church had like a pillow and blanket. They probably thought we were nuts, but I felt very safe. :o)

With all the rain we had a creature in our yard. I think it confused our yard for a pond. Josh let the kids go out and look at it. Jackson got to hold it. I don't like reptiles of any sort. Blaah. I cringe at the thought of Jackson holding this thing, but apparently Josh sees no harm in it.

Yuckie frog and scary clouds.

It was huge.

Ick. They really liked this frog.

2 comments:

  1. guhross. that makes me vomit, lol. glad you are safe. thanks for texting me as we waited ha. love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had a huge turtle come up in ours!Pop was trying to get me to save it for turtle races-ummm I would not have touched it.Huge and yuck!

    ReplyDelete