Friday, May 20, 2011
A Very Big Boy Thing!
Since Jackson turned five, he is responsible for doing a few chores around the house. Just little things. He takes his plate to the sink and wipes off the table after we eat, puts all his own laundry in the dirty clothes, and helps put folded laundry away (usually the towels and washcloths.) This morning there were some folded towels and wash cloths in our living room chair. Josh had folded them before work (isn't he sweet!) and when I was making the beds, Jackson went and put them all away. I didn't ask him or tell him to do this. I didn't even know that they had been folded....I was so impressed! I thought it was a very responsible, big boy thing to do. He chose on his own to help out around the house without being asked to. I'm still like, WOW!! My goal has always been not to raise a sloppy boy. This a.m. was a proud moment for me! It is so nice to see that hard work and persistence pays off. I usually just cling to Proverbs 22:6 Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. It isn't always easy to get our children to do the things they should, but if we don't give up, we all win!! :o) Now off to work on the things we aren't doing on our own yet.... I love my kiddos!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment