Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Peel's Ferry

I'm always looking for a good field trip a few weeks ago I found out that my parents live about 25 minutes from the only operating ferry in Arkansas. We were thrilled to take Jackson and Jordan. A round trip takes about 45 minutes, but we made and afternoon of it. We crossed the lake and spent a while at a campground there. We played at the park and and enjoyed a beautiful view while having our afternoon snack. On the trip back the driver let Jackson see inside where he sits to steer the ferry.

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun trip!

    I just have to ask - was your husband by chance on Jeopardy? I had it on the other day (but wasn't really totally paying attention), but there was a guy on there from Arkansas with a son named Jackson and daughter named Jordan - and I thought of you. Like I said, I wasn't totally paying attention, but when I heard his kids' names I started listening - made me think of my own Jordyn and Jaxon. :)

    ReplyDelete