Thursday, February 9, 2012

A New Beginning

Our family moved to Harrison back in August and now we are finally getting to start building our new home. We are both excited and anxious. This far we have:

1.) Cleared the land.
2.) Had Perk test done.
3.) Staked out the house.
4.) Shopped around and received bids for all work and materials.
5.) Ordered and received wood flooring.
6.) Ordered Cabinets. Being delivered next week.
7.) Ordered and received concrete siding.

Hopefully by next week the basement and footings will be dug and concrete poured. Then on to the framing, roof, and drying in. That should only take about two weeks - weather permitting.

While that is going on Josh and I are painting the siding ourselves to save some money. I love projects and I'm super excited about the color and can't wait to reveal it...... I just hope it looks like what I'm thinking it will in my head!!!! ( I have been wrong before) We are going for a sort of smallish craftsman or cottage style home so I wanted a color that fits. We'll find out soon enough. :o)

I know we are making some progress but it's not coming along as quickly as I would like. Praying for patience! I guess that's always the hard part, just waiting, but I know the Lord has worked out every single detail this far and has blessed us soooo much. I can't wait to see what he will do next!!



Here is a picture of Jackson burning brush with Josh. He had such a great time working along side of his daddy and was a BIG helper.

Here is a picture of our land and someone grading (?) it. However, work was being done and
them work = me happy!

3 comments:

  1. FINALLY. Been waiting for an update that wasn't from Christmas :) Hehe. But seriously, I am so glad you guys are trucking along. Can't wait to see the color. Don't keep us in suspense too long. Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds exciting! Can't waitnto see pictures !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking good! So excited about all that is happening with your family!

    ReplyDelete