Lately I have been struggling with just waiting. Every week seems like there is some delay in getting started on the building of our home. At times it can be so discouraging and disheartening. The song Everlasting God by Chris Tomlin has really been speaking to my heart and provided some much needed encouragement. I am confident that my strength comes from the Lord for every area of my life and as I wait on Him, that strength will grow stronger and stronger. That is what this song reminds my soul of. It is without a doubt my favorite song right now! Yesterday I was talking to Josh about it and telling him how I sing these lyrics over and over when I get down. He said that this was his favorite song too! It was a connecting moment for us. 1.) Because we have much different tastes in music 2.) It was just really sweet because of our circumstances. When no one else understands me or what I'm dealing with, Josh usually does (notice I didn't say always. He is still a man.) and I'm so thankful to have such a wise and understanding husband. Anyway, I hope you find encouragement in waiting upon the Lord as He works out the details of your life. I know His timing IS NOT my timing and His ways are exponentially better because He holds the future and He has a reason for what's going on in our lives, whether we know the why's and how's or not. Are you weak? He is Strong! He is Comfort! He is Hope! Seek Him today, RIGHT NOW, and find complete peace in Jesus Christ!!
Love that song. You have been a wonderful example of someone waiting patiently in the Lord. I know it will be a sweet moment when your family is in your new house. LOVE YA.
ReplyDelete