Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Time for Happy Cake!

Sunday evening we headed down to Fayetteville to a friends Birthday Party. For Jackson that means one thing...HAPPY CAKE!! It also happened to be a pool party and we had a blast. Of course Jordan and I didn't swim, but the boys did. Jackson got to swim for about an hour and loved every second of it. Jordan got to sport her new swimsuit. Although she didn't get to swim, she looked adorable. For dinner we had some yummy BBQ. There were ribs, pulled pork sandwiches, chicken wings, and the best chocolate chip cookies ever! I need that recipe Carrie.

Here is Jackson asking if we can have happy cake now for about the 100th time. This kid loves him some happy cake.

Check out this awesome pool. I loved the waterfall! It was such a peaceful place to sit and watch for the whole 5 seconds Jordan and I could tolerate the heat. Whooo it was hot. Here is the little table in the pool that Jackson loved to jump off of. This is really all he wanted to do and he could have stayed all night in the pool. He has no fear of the water, which scares me to death. I can't wait until cousin Autumn can give him swim lessons. We've got to teach this boy to swim.

The little boy in front holding the water bottle is Jobey. Our friends Ben and Carrie adopted him from Africa and he is the cutest, plumpest little thing ever! I just want to pinch his cheeks. Next to him is Alias, also super duper adorable. Like Jobey, he was adopted from Africa by another couple at the party. They are the same age and have birthdays 1 day apart. How cute is that? It is so neat that they can be such good buds and have the same background. I almost snatched both of them to come home with me they were so cute! :o)

A family picture. No swim suit this year for me, but that didn't stop me from getting wet. Jackson and his wet little self made sure of that.

Here is Jordan and her pack-n-play buddy Noah. He's 1 month older than her. He seemed to be having a good time, while Jordan took the opportunity to sleep a little.

Here is my friend Carrie (the yummy cookie maker) with her mom Stephanie and Jordan. Stephanie gave us a free ultrasound with both Jackson and Jordan. This is the first time she has seen Jordan since she was in my belly.

And here is a picture of daddy and Jordan. I have one word...Awww! Is That really a word?

3 comments:

  1. Josh and Jordan picture is sooooo adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THIS POST. Hmm... i want some cake too. Why is your phone not working?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Send Jackson to my house and I will let him eat all the happy cake he wants!!!! I love Jordan in her swimsuit!!!!

    ReplyDelete