Today I've been blessed. Here's how.
#1 - Today I fit into my pre-pregnancy gray dress pants for church! I know it is pretty shallow, but I was so excited to fit into those pants. I definitely "filled" them out if you know what I mean, but I got them on and I could breath. I still have about 5-7 pounds to loose, but after today I'm optimistic that I'll loose it all. It is much harder the second time around and all I really want is to fit back into all my old clothes. I've put off buying any new ones that fit me now so I wouldn't get complacent. It is pretty motivating to have to keep wearing the same things over and over. You really have to get creative with your outfits. Also Jess and Jill let me borrow some of their clothes. Sisters are great!
# 2 -This is actually a much bigger blessing than the first. It is always a huge blessing to hear God's word and today at church was no exception. The message was on living for eternity. Do we live for our future here on earth or are we concerned about the bigger picture and how we and others will spend eternity? I so wish I would have taken notes. The one thing that really stood out to me was that we miss out on God's divine appointments because we are too busy to notice them or we make excuses. God constantly puts people in our paths for a purpose. I was sitting there thinking to myself that I hardly go anywhere and when I do it is to someplace like Wal-Mart. I try to be extra friendly to the cashier and people I see, but I never seem to have any conversations. The rest of the people I'm around are already Christians...He must not be sending me divine appointments or I'm missing them big time...maybe I'm too busy with the kiddos.....and then it hit me. Maybe I've been missing out on a lot of divine appointments right here at home with my family. Every day is a chance to show God's love to my husband and children. When I get stressed is when I have the opportunity to show God's love the most. By holding my tongue when I want to gripe or even by saying a kind word when I'm not feeling too kind. God commands us to love one another and it is important to Him that we show love and kindness to those we are closest to. I have to be honest, I need some practice in this area. I get grumpy when I'm tired and taking care of kids and a house makes me tired. Another thing that stood out to me and was the point of the message, is that if there is no practice, there is no change. We must practice being what God wants us to be. I certainly will be looking for those divine appointments in the real world, but my prayer is that I absolutely don't miss them in my own home! More than anything I want my children to know Jesus Christ as their Savior and as a parent I have the responsibility of guiding them to Jesus. Woooo...that is no small task! I'm fully aware that it should not be taken lightly, but it isn't always easy to live out our beliefs. I hope and pray that God will continue to speak to me, teach me, and guide me on this journey. Keep an eye our for your own divine appointments. They are some of His greatest blessings!!
#3- I'm hoping to be blessed with a nap....we'll see!
haha. well the pants issue is NOT shallow. i mean seriously-- that is a big deal. and i love the part about being present at home to show a loving example. oh, and hoping you got a nap. i get to see you soon!
ReplyDeleteNap-surprised if it happened-ha! You look great no matter what pants-pear rear-
ReplyDeleteNice sermon!