He had to call aunt Jessie and tell her that he lost his pet grasshopper. She told him he had better find him or he would jump in his mouth when he goes to sleep. Jackson thought it was funny.
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Our Pet for the day.
Today our next door neighbor Kati invited us to go on a walk with her and her sweet little baby boy John. On our walk we found a grasshopper and Jackson wanted to keep it as his pet. It rode in a stroller compartment until we got home. His new home in now the bug catcher cage. Jackson has put a water bottle lid with water in it and some grass for the grasshopper. He has named him Hopper and is very attached to him. I have heard several times today, "momma, I love my grasshopper". Jackson has let hopper play with him. He has fed him. He has even let hopper watch dinosaur train with him. It is like his best friend. It is really sweet. I think this boy needs a real pet. I would get him one, but since he has already lost hopper in my house twice, I don't think we are ready just yet. Jackson was devastated that hopper was gone. We looked for about thirty minutes for him. We finally found him behind a couch pillow. YUCK! I don't like bugs. Anyway, Jackson was thrilled and hopper is now safe back in his cage "resting". I don't think he is going to make it much longer. He is missing one leg and I think a wing. Poor hopper. It's tough being loved by a boy. Jordan even tried to hold the grasshopper. She kept trying to get it from Jackson. She so would eat it, so I knew not to let her get close.
Here is Jackson and Hopper watching t.v. He is so happy to share his favorite show with his new best friend.
This is such a sad face. He was very worried about hopper and was doing everything he could to find him.

He had to call aunt Jessie and tell her that he lost his pet grasshopper. She told him he had better find him or he would jump in his mouth when he goes to sleep. Jackson thought it was funny.
Jordan was helping Jackson look for his pet. She would follow him around as if she was searching too.
We had to get the flashlight out and look under the couch.
And then we found him. On the couch. Just hanging out.
Wheew. We found hopper. "Mommy, I love my pet grasshopper."
Here let me hold him. Jordan about ripped poor hopper apart trying to grab him out of Jackson's hand.
Back to the bug cage he goes. No more letting hopper out of the cage in the house.
Here's my little cutie bug.
He had to call aunt Jessie and tell her that he lost his pet grasshopper. She told him he had better find him or he would jump in his mouth when he goes to sleep. Jackson thought it was funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Darling story pear rear-reminds me of my sister always having crickets for pets
ReplyDelete