Monday, June 28, 2010
Time Out
Jackson and Jordan have been playing together a lot lately. With that comes some added frustrations. Jordan wants to take Jackson's toys from him and turn the TV off when he's watching his cartoons or shut the amour doors. On the flip side, Jackson usually doesn't want to share and tries to shew her away or he's pestering her. The other day they were at it and Jordan bit Jackson on the arm. She got him pretty good and left some teeth marks. It really hurt Jackson. This was really the first "big" punishment Jordan has received. She had to sit in "time out" for one minute. It was kind of funny because as soon as I told her no, no Jordan. No bite! She knew she did something wrong. She sat in timeout as if she knew she had to and she just cried and cried. She bit Jackson again today and we did the same thing. I seriously hope I can get this under control very quickly. Anyone have any suggestions on what I can do?? Please don't tell me to bite her back..I've heard that one before and I'm so not going to do that. Any others?
Here Jackson and Jordan are playing nicely. They do that too! :o)
Here is the upset little offender. Such a sad little face....her eyebrows get so red when she cries.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my, that sad face and the tears !!! I think that being consistant with time out for biting will work !! I'm a BIG believer in time out and would not think of encouraging you to bite her back !! I can't believe people actually do that!! Good luck, she's such a cutie !!!
ReplyDeletethe eyebrows are killing me. that is the saddest/funniest pic. amelia went through a biting phase and we would just put her in time out and then she stopped. now she is on to hitting--reassuring, huh?
ReplyDeleteThey can be so aggressive for such tiny little toots...
ReplyDelete