Friday, August 20, 2010

Have you noticed??

Has anyone else noticed that Hobby Lobby has seventeen rows of Christmas stuff out already..in the middle of August?? Seriously? Saturday while out shopping with my mom and sister I saw several rows of Christmas ornaments, trees, and decor. It is still summer time. Children are just now going back to school. I was sweating just going from my car to the store. I'm totally ready for Fall and some cooler weather.....not so much in the mood for Christmas decorating. I love Christ! I love Hobby Lobby! I love Christmas, but seeing decor in August is just a bit too much for me. Do they do that every year??

8 comments:

  1. Yes!! It was actually out in July!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought the exact same thing!! It is crazy to me...and it seems to be earlier and earlier every year! Love your blog, and your family is precious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I just came across your blog for the first time. Cute kids! We are a family of "J's" too ... Justin and Jessica and our girls Jordyn and Jayla! I love that you have a Jordan! (and Jaxon has always been a favorite boy names of ours!)

    I am totally with you on the Christmas decorations being out too early! I'm annoyed that Halloween candy has already been out for a month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I'm ready for fall but NOT Christmas !!! It's still in the high 80's I can't even begin to think about snow !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Turns out I don't go to Hobby Lobby as Amelia screams out that she "neees" everything shiny. But, I can't imagine Christmas stuff is out already. I thought Halloween was pushing it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Bah, humbug! My family usually started decorating the week (sometimes the day) before Christmas. I used to think people who started decorating the first of December were pushing it! I hate how stores are always pushing whatever is two seasons advanced from where we are - there have been so many times my kids have had a growth spurt mid-season, and we go to the store to get them some new clothes, and can't find ANYTHING for that season. Seriously, it shouldn't be that hard to find sweatshirts in February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love Christmas and looking at Christmas stuff anytime-LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Christmas and the meaning behind it but the retail believes something totally different -- it's all about $$$$$. In agreement that it sure seems like the Christmas decorations are showing up earlier and earlier every year. I used to work in retail and I have always loved (still do) Christmas music but when you've heard it over and over and over for longer than a month, it gets old. Love your blog, btw! Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete