Sunday, May 15, 2011

Happy Birthday Jordan Kate!!!

Yesterday we celebrated Jordan Kate's 2nd Birthday. We had a small, sweet party with our families. Aunt Jessie made her an adorable butterfly cake and Jordan loved all the great presents she received. We had a wonderful time celebrating our little blessing!!!

Jordan you are such a precious baby girl! I love all of your hugs and kisses. You are my cuddle bug and I'm so blessed by you. I love watching you grow and learn and experience life. You are growing and changing in so many ways. I love each stage you go through (except for teething and I think you are with me on that one.) You have taught me so many new things. It's great having my girl around when the boys trample off to go on father-son fishing trips and their other outings. I thank God for you and am especially grateful that you are healthy and strong. You are a beautiful girl inside and out. You will ALWAYS be my Sweet Girl. I love you Jordie Bear!!!!!

A little about Jordan:

Jordan is especially fond of big brother. She wants to try everything Jackson does and is impressed by him in so many ways. They get along and enjoy each others company most of the time. They do get into their little tiffs and Jordan pesters Jackson and Jackson gets a little ruff with Jordan, but overall they do a great job of playing and sharing and enjoy having each other around.


Daddy and Jordan have a special bond. Every morning when she wakes up she comes to get in bed with me (if she's not already there) and says "daddy work?" She wants to know where he is. When Josh gets home she hears the garage door open and sprints to greet him with a hug. She is always eager to help daddy with any chores or run errands with him. Jordan is still a momma's girl in a lot of ways, but more and more she wants to be with her daddy, especially if he has food. :o)

I just love having a two year old. I know a lot of people refer to them as the "terrible two's" but really, I think it is soooo much easier than when she was younger. I think it is fun because Jordan is starting to show her own interests. She loves anything pink and princesses and ponies and fairies and her books. I love to watch her sit and play more independently and explore her little world. She goes to bed better, she communicates with us, she sits at the table and eats with us, she travels in the car a little better now...so many things that were hard or impossible when she was younger are now enjoyable again. I love that Jordan is two because somehow she is still my baby in a lot of ways, yet she is a big girl too. This allows so much more freedom for both Jordan and me.

Two years ago today my life was changed once again forever and one of the biggest blessings was brought into my life. I will never forget that day, for many reasons-wink wink, and I'm so thankful to have been given the opportunity to be a mommy to a girl!!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! Looks like you had a wonderful day!
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete